Re: Invitation to critique Lex/YACC document

ahu@ds9a.nl (bert hubert)
21 May 2001 02:02:34 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Invitation to critique Lex/YACC document ahu@ds9a.nl (2001-05-15)
Re: Invitation to critique Lex/YACC document robin.pell@btconnect.com (Robin Pell) (2001-05-18)
Re: Invitation to critique Lex/YACC document ahu@ds9a.nl (2001-05-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: ahu@ds9a.nl (bert hubert)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 May 2001 02:02:34 -0400
Posted-Date: 21 May 2001 02:02:34 EDT

ahu@ds9a.nl (bert hubert) wrote:
>>Or perhaps you know of good (online) resources we could refer
>>them to.

First, I'd like to thank everybody who responded. While I did not agree with
every suggestion I received, and did not apply all the proposed changes, the
vast majority of contributions have found their way into the HOWTO. Thanks!

I've now mentioned this group, with pointers to the page and the FAQ and a
warning stating that comp.compilers is not a helpdesk.

>I've also used the above combination on Linux and the documentation is
>the same (barring O/S implementation things, IIRC).

Since sometime this week, the documentation of Flex and YACC is linked from
the HOWTO.

>I've yet to use lex/yacc on a true unix system, but the flex/bison
>info is good, IMHO.

It is but it is much more accessible after having written your first working
flex/bison program.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

bert