Re: Invitation to critique Lex/YACC document

Robin Pell <robin.pell@btconnect.com>
18 May 2001 23:47:45 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Invitation to critique Lex/YACC document ahu@ds9a.nl (2001-05-15)
Re: Invitation to critique Lex/YACC document robin.pell@btconnect.com (Robin Pell) (2001-05-18)
Re: Invitation to critique Lex/YACC document ahu@ds9a.nl (2001-05-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Robin Pell <robin.pell@btconnect.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 May 2001 23:47:45 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 May 2001 23:47:45 EDT

On 15 May 2001 00:32:22 -0400, ahu@ds9a.nl (bert hubert) wrote:

>Or perhaps you know of good (online) resources we could refer
>them to.

A resource that *may* be of use to beginners.

I use flex/bison on DJGPP, a 32-bit DPMI Dos port of GCC et al. I
find the info files (flex.nfo and bison.nfo) excellent. They are
clearly written and go from absolute beginner to fullish detail.

I've also used the above combination on Linux and the documentation is
the same (barring O/S implementation things, IIRC).

I've yet to use lex/yacc on a true unix system, but the flex/bison
info is good, IMHO.

Regards,

Robin.