Re: Incremental Parser Generator?

neitzel@gaertner.de (Martin Neitzel)
26 Apr 2001 21:11:12 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Incremental Parser Generator? compilerjames@aol.com (2001-04-22)
Re: Incremental Parser Generator? neitzel@gaertner.de (2001-04-26)
Re: Incremental Parser Generator? loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de (Martin von Loewis) (2001-04-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: neitzel@gaertner.de (Martin Neitzel)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Apr 2001 21:11:12 -0400
Posted-Date: 26 Apr 2001 21:11:12 EDT

<compilerjames@aol.com> wrote:
>I am looking for a yacc-like parser generator that will generate an
>incremental parser. Can someone direct me to such a beast? I seem only
>able to locate things that work in lisp and and poplog and other
>esoteric stuff.

Dig dig dig, dust dust dust -- there it is. It may well be in the realm
of "esoteric stuff", but

Thomas W. Reps & Tim Teitelbaum:
The Synthesizer Generator: A System for Constructing
Language-Based Editors
Springer, ISBN 0-387-96857-1

Thomas W. Reps & Tim Teitelbaum:
The Synthesizer Generator Reference Manual
Springer, ISBN 0-387-96910-1

may be helpful for you. In its hey-days, a lot was written about the
Cornell Program Synthesizer and the Synthesizer Generator.

I just googled for it and found the company selling the Synth. Gen.
I think a commercial site having such neat bibiography instead of
Yet Another SockoFlashOrWhatever deserves to be mentioned here:
http://www.grammatech.com/papers/RandD-bibliography.html

Martin Neitzel
[Grammatech happens to be right down the road from here, a spinoff from
Cornell starting with Teitelbaum's work. -John]