Re: legacy language to tcl

Scott Gargash <scott.gargash@vitesse.com>
15 Apr 2001 22:50:31 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
legacy language to tcl elmerf@hughes.net (Elmer Fittery) (2001-04-14)
Re: legacy language to tcl scott.gargash@vitesse.com (Scott Gargash) (2001-04-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Scott Gargash <scott.gargash@vitesse.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Apr 2001 22:50:31 -0400
Posted-Date: 15 Apr 2001 22:50:31 EDT

The following link defines the tcl syntax rules. It's a very simple
syntax.

http://dev.scriptics.com/man/tcl8.3.2/TclCmd/Tcl.htm

FWIW (and I don't know your legacy requirements), we've had lots of
success defining domain-specific languages using tcl syntax. The
benefit to doing this is that the parser becomes a matter of writing
tcl procs.

If you can tolerate some potential backwards incompatibility, it's
something to consider.

Scott