Re: JIT Help...

"J. Akmal" <>
1 Mar 2001 02:38:23 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
JIT Help... (J. Akmal) (2001-02-23)
Re: JIT Help... (Daniel C. Wang) (2001-02-25)
Re: JIT Help... (2001-02-25)
Re: JIT Help... (2001-03-01)
Re: JIT Help... (Peter Bertelsen) (2001-03-01)
Re: JIT Help... (J. Akmal) (2001-03-01)
Re: JIT Help... (2001-03-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "J. Akmal" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Mar 2001 02:38:23 -0500
Posted-Date: 01 Mar 2001 02:38:22 EST

> The first thing you do is to determine the memory model you want to
> use. This...

Thanks, that is a lot to think about. I don't really need C++ speed
out of the VM, so 4x to 10x speed improvement will probably work.
I've contemplated writing the current VM in assembly, especially
looking at the horrible code generated by C++. I made the mistake of
writing the VM in a proper "object oriented" manor. Never again when
speed matters.

I might do that as a first step, good advice...thanks.

It also seem that no one has really written any books on the subject of
JIT's. Any good long paper out there on the web.