|JFlex 1.3.2 released firstname.lastname@example.org (Gerwin Klein) (2001-02-25)|
|From:||Gerwin Klein <email@example.com>|
|Date:||25 Feb 2001 11:08:40 -0500|
|Organization:||Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany|
|Posted-Date:||25 Feb 2001 11:08:40 EST|
JFlex 1.3.2 has been released. It's a bugfix and maintenance release.
JFlex is a GPL scanner generator for Java, you can download it from each
of the following locations:
Changes from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 are:
- fixed bug #32 (this time for real). Thanks to Thilo Goetz for
his quick report.
- updated the binary scanning example with the more comprehensive and
usable class StraightStreamReader by Stephen Ostermiller. Thanks go to
him for his contribution. The original version of this class is at
- added a link to a Japanese translation of the JFlex manual (it's in Japanese
Shift_JIS encoding). The translation is for an older release (1.1.2), but
most of the text still applies to the current version. See the change log
for the differences between 1.1.2 and the current version. Many thanks to
Yuichi Nakajima, Yukio Ikeda, Katsuhiko Yamazaki, and Koji Ooya for
their efforts. The translation is at
Changes from 1.3 to 1.3.1 (since I skipped the announcement for version 1.3.1)
- fixed all bugs reported for 1.3
Thanks to Hans Kratz, Vasily Karyaev, Alexey Yakovets, and Tom Moog for
their excellent reports.
- added two new example scanners:
. a demonstration how to scan binary files
. a small calculator example for Cup, based on the example in the Linux
Gazette by Richard A. Sevenich and Christopher Lopes. See also
- manual section about encodings, platforms and Unicode.
Thanks to Stephen Ostermiller for his valuable input.
- switch for skipping the minimization step in DFA generation (--nomin).
This feature is still in alpha status and not yet extensively tested. It
might be useful when you have very large scanners and not much memory
- switch for generating graphviz dot files for graphical representation (ps
or gif) of generated NFA, DFA and minimized DFA (--dot). Might be useful for
teaching. This feature is also still in alpha status and not fully finished
yet. It is included as preview, comments are welcome, please try it out and
tell me what you think. For information on graphviz see
- changed to --style long command line switches (single - still recognized).
- moved part of the project to http://sourceforge.net/projects/jflex/
- added two sourceforge mailing lists: jflex-announce and jflex-users.
See http://www.jflex.de/mailing.html for more information.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.