Re: Fortran to Ada or Pascal Translator

Art Duncan <duncan@cs.rpi.edu>
26 Jan 2001 16:56:46 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Fortran to Pascal Translator andre@vemco.com (Andre Chouinard) (2001-01-18)
Re: Fortran to Ada or Pascal Translator gdemont@my-deja.com (2001-01-26)
Re: Fortran to Ada or Pascal Translator duncan@cs.rpi.edu (Art Duncan) (2001-01-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Art Duncan <duncan@cs.rpi.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Jan 2001 16:56:46 -0500
Posted-Date: 26 Jan 2001 16:56:45 EST

Andre Chouinard wrote:

> Does anybody know where I can find a Fortran to Pascal Translator?
> [Never seen one. -John]

There is a Fortran-to-Ada translator available (as I recall, it is
called "f2a").

You should be able to find it, along with its source code, by going to
the Ada archives (www.adapower.com would be a good starting point).

There is also a Fortran-to-C translator available somewhere in the GNU
archives.

When I was at the GE R&D Center, we did a Fortran-to-Ada translator as
part of ENCORE (our environment for code reengineering); however, the
code was proprietary and would not be publicly available.

The hardest part is doing the lexical analyzer for Fortran.

Good luck.

- Art Duncan