Re: C++ parser

"Joel de Guzman" <joel@interxys.com>
20 Jan 2001 16:08:53 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ parser henrique@bucher.com (Henrique Bucher) (2001-01-18)
Re: C++ parser tmk@netvision.net.il (Michael Tiomkin) (2001-01-19)
Re: C++ parser joel@interxys.com (Joel de Guzman) (2001-01-20)
Re: C++ parser henrique@bucher.com (Henrique Bucher) (2001-01-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Joel de Guzman" <joel@interxys.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Jan 2001 16:08:53 -0500
Posted-Date: 20 Jan 2001 16:08:52 EST

Hi,

I have one. I am planning to release it as GPL. Right now I am trying
to complete the documentation and seeking comments from interested
people. Feel free to email me if anyone out there is interested. It is
working well. I have a couple of test examples including a byte-code
interpreter.

The grammar is EBNF and allows semantic actions to be attached. The
generated parser is more of a recursive descent parser composed of C++
objects that follows the grammar's parse tree. The parser is
non-deterministic in nature and can be able to parse with infinite
lookahead LL(INF). I chose this path due to my familiarity with C++
object heirarchical embedding. The generated parser is composed of a
heirarchical structure of C++ objects that can immediately be runnable
without compiling. There are many interesting aspects that this
technique opens up. The parser is very dynamic. In fact you can
dynamically add production rules while the parser is running.

many thanks,
Joel de Guzman