Help me with CGI preprocessor design

hacktic@my-deja.com
9 Jan 2001 23:10:38 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help me with CGI preprocessor design hacktic@my-deja.com (2001-01-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: hacktic@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Jan 2001 23:10:38 -0500
Posted-Date: 09 Jan 2001 23:10:38 EST

Hey all,

I started an school assignment on how CGI preprocessors actually work.
Chose the topic myself cause I'm into Perl and PHP before. And I like
it.:)

I would need to document the global CGI logic (client
request->webserver->preprocessor->webserver->client) and technical
compiler design. I eventually need to produce my own PHP-like
preprocessor in C/C++.

I read somewhat on compiler design, but these are very generic. I
would like to read/discuss more on CGI preprocessor specific
design/coding techniques how the preprocessor filters the CGI code
from the HTML, how stacks are best used, how does PHP do it, what to
be aware of, etc.

Does anybody have some related links or know some mailing lists that
can help me with these technical issues? Or can I post them here in
this or what other newsgroup for discussion?

Any help is highly appreciated.
Regards;
- Mark -