newbie question on Bison/Yacc
31 Dec 2000 03:04:16 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
newbie question on Bison/Yacc (2000-12-31)
Re: newbie question on Bison/Yacc (Martin von Loewis) (2001-01-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 31 Dec 2000 03:04:16 -0500
Posted-Date: 31 Dec 2000 03:04:16 EST

Dear All,

I am totally new to yacc/bison and wondering if you could help me with
the following question: I need to parse an algebraic expression and
calculate its value at a bunch of different points; what are the ways
(the fastest way?) to reset the "independent vars" and recalculate the
expression again? In other words, how to re-set variables from a
different function and get some answers back (without extra

Thank you so much for any insights!

Best regards,
[Translate it into in internal form such as a tree or RPN and reinterpret
that. -John]