Re: minimal c/pascal self-compiling compilers

Franck Pissotte <franck.pissotte@free.fr>
18 Dec 2000 00:38:50 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
minimal c/pascal self-compiling compilers ed_davis@my-deja.com (Ed Davis) (2000-12-06)
Re: minimal c/pascal self-compiling compilers nmh@dialup.nacamar.de (Nils M Holm) (2000-12-07)
Re: minimal c/pascal self-compiling compilers franck.pissotte@free.fr (Franck Pissotte) (2000-12-08)
Re: minimal c/pascal self-compiling compilers franck.pissotte@free.fr (Franck Pissotte) (2000-12-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Franck Pissotte <franck.pissotte@free.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Dec 2000 00:38:50 -0500
Posted-Date: 18 Dec 2000 00:38:50 EST

Ed Davis a écrit :

> What are the smallest C/Pascal-family self-compiling compilers that
> you have seen?
> Any other small, self-compiling, C or Pascal like compilers out there?

On my site (In French but almost all links are On English site)
there is a list of Pascal compilers available in source form
in the table I Included If The Source Can Be Self Compiled.
<http://www.pascaland.org/pascall.htm>
The Smallest I Remember Is A CPM pascal compiler (subset, non
standard for text io and bugged) named ppc.

the problems of most pascal subsets compilers is they often lack
records who is almost mandatory to implement in a decent way a compiler.

i think there is also a fex basic self compilers.
other languages of choice are lisp/scheme and forth.
--
http://www.pascaland.org/ compilateurs, sources et liens langage pascal, delphi
et vide grenier du webmaster: vieux materiels, logiciels, livres et revues.