Re: ProGrammar

"Darren Forcier" <>
22 Nov 2000 12:10:01 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ProGrammar (Michel Bertin) (2000-11-07)
Re: ProGrammar (Darren Forcier) (2000-11-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Darren Forcier" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Nov 2000 12:10:01 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Nov 2000 12:10:01 EST

I have worked with it extensively for over a year now. Prior to
working with Programmar I had limited exposure to compiler and parser
generator tools, and almost no theoretical background, just some
light-hearted hacking with Lex and Yacc.

I found Programmar's "Object Oriented" EBNF grammar language to be
extremely easy to work with, and the IDE to be an indispensible tool
when it came to debugging the grammars I was working with. I also
like the fact that the author worked in an ActiveX control wrapper
around the core parsing engine so I could import the typelib into
Delphi and work with it directly as that is the main language tool I
work in.

Highly recommended, especially for the "Finite Automata Theory"
challenged like myself :-)

Darren Forcier
Allaire Corporation