Re: How to build an interpreter?

ian@jawssystems.com (Ian Kemmish)
14 Nov 2000 13:09:09 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How to build an interpreter? mmcurry@sympatico.ca (Mike & Meg Curry) (2000-11-11)
Re: How to build an interpreter? ian@jawssystems.com (2000-11-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: ian@jawssystems.com (Ian Kemmish)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Nov 2000 13:09:09 -0500
Posted-Date: 14 Nov 2000 13:09:09 EST

  mmcurry@sympatico.ca says...
>I am thinking about making a runtime interpreter much like BBx, or Pvx
>(kind of like GW-Basic) in windows for a fun project. (Yes, I have
>fun doing these things, lol)
>
>Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any advise or information on
>how I could start such a'FUN' project.

The most fun way of getting into this is probably John Allen's book `Thinking
about TLC Logo' if it's still in print. He also wrote some less fun but still
very informative books about writing Lisp interpreters and compilers.

Ian Kemmish 18 Durham Close, Biggleswade, Beds SG18 8HZ, UK
ian@jawssytems.com Tel: +44 1767 601 361