Retargetable assemblers and linkers?

predictor@my-deja.com
11 Nov 2000 10:09:09 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Retargetable assemblers and linkers? predictor@my-deja.com (2000-11-11)
Re: Retargetable assemblers and linkers? joachim_d@gmx.de (Joachim Durchholz) (2000-11-14)
Re: Retargetable assemblers and linkers? hannah@mamba.pond.sub.org (2000-12-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: predictor@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Nov 2000 10:09:09 -0500
Posted-Date: 11 Nov 2000 10:09:09 EST

Are there such things? That is, I would like to feed my x86 compiler's
code generator back end with sparc or mips code and have the proper
object code generated. Even better if I then could call a retargetable
linker... If there are no such beasts around, someone ought to make
them!

--
Thanks,
  -Pred