COOTS Returns to USENIX 2001 Calendar

Andrea Galleni <andrea+nospam@usenix.org>
31 Oct 2000 14:40:25 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COOTS Returns to USENIX 2001 Calendar andrea+nospam@usenix.org (Andrea Galleni) (2000-10-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Andrea Galleni <andrea+nospam@usenix.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 31 Oct 2000 14:40:25 -0500
Posted-Date: 31 Oct 2000 14:40:25 EST

6th USENIX Conference on Object Oriented Technologies and Systems
(COOTS '01)
January 29 - February 2, 2001
Plaza San Antonio Hotel
San Antonio, Texas

Sponsored by USENIX, The Advanced Computing Systems Association

As professionals working in object-oriented technology, the ability to
keep up with the latest research results and technical trends is
essential. For researchers with a practical bent of mind and
developers working on the bleeding edge, the USENIX Conference on
Object-Oriented Technologies and Systems (COOTS) has become the
conference of choice. With its emphasis on research, advanced
engineering topics, and experimental systems, this intentionally small
conference provides a cozy setting for you to meet and network with
other leading researchers and developers, and learn from the experts
practical solutions to your current project needs.

COOTS 2001 features:
*Keynote Speaker, Michael Karasick, Director of Architecture and CTO
of the Pervasive Computing Division at IBM, discusses what we, as
professionals, need to work on as the world around us changes with the
advent of pervasive computing devices.
*Two days of intensive tutorials taught by well-known experts and
educators. Topics include: concurrent and real-time Java, C++,
middleware patterns, and advanced topics and real-time and
fault-tolerance issues of CORBA
*A technical program of renown invited speakers and refereed papers
that seriously examine advanced R&D results from the foremost
universities and industrial labs. Our technical program includes
luminaries such as Robert Martin from Object Mentor, and Jennifer
Hamilton, a member of Microsoft Corporation's Common Language Runtime
Development Team.
*A one day Advanced Topics Workshop on "Distributed Inter-Object
Communication: Can we do better than RPC?" This workshop is chaired by
Murthy Devarakonda, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, and attendance is
limited to authors of accepted position papers.

The importance of OO technologies continues to increase in both
academia and industry. If you are looking to share your expertise with
your peers and hear the latest in OO technologies, COOTS ¹01 is where
you want to be. Hotel and conference discounts are available till
January 5, 2000. See our website for complete conference program
details: http://www.usenix.org/events/coots01.

=====
Register by January 5, 2001 and save on hotel and conference rates!
Detailed Tutorial and Technical Programs are available at:
http://www.usenix.org/events/coots01