Re: AT&T lex port

Paul Evans <>
23 Oct 2000 22:10:23 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
AT&T lex port (2000-10-19)
Re: AT&T lex port (2000-10-22)
Re: AT&T lex port (Hans-Bernhard Broeker) (2000-10-22)
Re: AT&T lex port (Paul Evans) (2000-10-23)
Re: AT&T lex port (Paul Evans) (2000-10-26)
Re: AT&T lex port (Graham Douglas) (2001-01-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Paul Evans <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Oct 2000 22:10:23 -0400

Jason Brink wrote:
> Does anyone know of a port of AT&T lex to Windows NT/2000 or Linux? I
> know flex is better than AT&T lex, but I'm currently doing a co-op

I think AT&T research's (David Korn mainly I think) UWIN might
be suitable, you can find the project at:

(UWIN is a Windows port of UNIX user programs, not all are included,
but most except for cc which is a wrapper for MSVC)

For commercial use it's a commercial product, it's "free" (not in
the GNU sense) for others.

And there's always Microsoft's adopted Interix product at:
(I don't know where it's sourced from code wise)

[Uwin looks like it uses the freeware versions of lex and yacc, which
means flex. Dunno about Microsoft. -John]