Re: Delphi Lex & Yacc - New version avail.

Martin Harvey <martin@pergolesi.demon.co.uk>
22 Oct 2000 01:17:13 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Delphi Lex & Yacc - New version avail. ag81@dial.pipex.com (2000-10-18)
Re: Delphi Lex & Yacc - New version avail. martin@pergolesi.demon.co.uk (Martin Harvey) (2000-10-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Martin Harvey <martin@pergolesi.demon.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc
Date: 22 Oct 2000 01:17:13 -0400

Chris Osborne wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently had a need for Lex & Yacc for Delphi and found a version
> by Albert Graef which had been nodified by Thierry Coq. This nearly
> did the job, but I had to make a few changes before it could cope
> with my requirements. I have put my modified versions on the
> Simbal Computing web site:
>
> http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/plaza/ag81

Chris,

Thanks a lot ... I've hacked my way round a few of these, but never
really summoned up the courage to do a clean job of it. I ... acting
like the nervous beginner to compiler compilers that I was at the time,
settled for : "Least possible source code change, lest I break it"!

> A manual re-write is sorely needed.

Yes. My later scrutinies suggest that plenty could be done to make both
the programs and their output source far more amenable to OO.

In particular, I'd love a parser framework which elegantly does garbage
collection on all the objects in the parse tree. I have one, but it's
not exactly wonderful.

MH.

--
Martin Harvey. martin@pergolesi.demon.co.uk