C compiler : the semantical analysis level

Bertrand Mollinier Toublet <bmt@c-cube.com>
12 Oct 2000 22:28:55 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C compiler : the semantical analysis level bmt@c-cube.com (Bertrand Mollinier Toublet) (2000-10-12)
Re: C compiler : the semantical analysis level vween@gdi.net (Wayne Roberts) (2000-10-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Bertrand Mollinier Toublet <bmt@c-cube.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Oct 2000 22:28:55 -0400

        Hi all,

        I am currently trying to write, using bison and flex, a C
"compiler". I put compiler between double-quotes because my output is
not supposed to be executable code, but useful information taken out of
the parsed C file. I have found a lexical and syntactical definition of
the C language on the internet (provided by Jutta Degener. Thanks Jutta
!).

        So... now's the difficult part : write the sematical level of the
parser. I gotta admit, I have absolutely no experience in compiler
writting, which obviously doesn't help : (

        I am thus looking for documentation/theory/classes on that specific
part (I have already studied the lexical and syntactical levels at
school...). I'll be interested in anything : online documentation,
books, etc.

        Thanks in advance

        Bertrand