very customisable compiler

"DeSilva" <>
8 Oct 2000 22:32:06 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
very customisable compiler (DeSilva) (2000-10-08)
Re: very customisable compiler (2000-10-10)
Re: very customisable compiler (Paul Evans) (2000-10-12)
Re: very customisable compiler (Joseph Malicki) (2000-10-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "DeSilva" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Oct 2000 22:32:06 -0400

I am looking for a compiler which can be tweeked and set up for all
sorts of oddities. I need for it to be able to compile to any
customisable origin in memory, it should be able o generate raw code
which can simply be copied into memory and jumped to. In general a
good c or c++ compiler (with asm support) for developing a simple OS

Which compiler could you sugest for me to use? A free trial or free
in general compiler would be frefered since this is just a hoby
project.. just sick and tired of doing it in pure asm *sigh*
[Few compilers can do that, but most linkers can produce absolute code
at any origin you want. -John]