Java based parser generators

cborn@rice.edu (Charles Bruce Bornstein)
8 Oct 2000 22:26:57 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Java based parser generators cborn@rice.edu (2000-10-08)
Re: Java based parser generators paulo.pinto@altitudesoftware.com (Paulo Pinto) (2000-10-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: cborn@rice.edu (Charles Bruce Bornstein)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Oct 2000 22:26:57 -0400

I am taking a compiler construction course and need to construct a
parser using "an LR(1) parser generator like yacc or bison". My
question regards yacc/bison analogues in Java. I have read some about
JavaCC and ANTLR, but have not been able to determine if either of
those fit the bill. Specifically, are these LR(1) parsers? If not,
what makes them different from LR(1) parsers?

As well, any comments/opinions about either of the above mentioned
tools or any other Java based parser generators would be appreciated.

Thanks

Charles Bornstein
cborn@rice.edu