Tools for Syntax Improvement? (Richard J. Botting)
1 Oct 2000 00:23:42 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tools for Syntax Improvement? (2000-10-01)
Re: Tools for Syntax Improvement? (Ira D. Baxter) (2000-10-06)
Re: Tools for Syntax Improvement? (2000-10-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Richard J. Botting)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Oct 2000 00:23:42 -0400

Way back when, I remember someone published a paper on some tools they
had that would automatically improve the expression of the grammar of
a language into a form suitable for a compiler compiler like

I can't find the ref on the WWW or a copy in my office.

Probably between 1978 and 1988?

Is it a fantasy or are there such tools?

rbotting at CSUSB edu
Computer Scientist, Sys Admin, Consultant, Researcher, and Reviewer