Jim Granville <>
8 Sep 2000 02:30:56 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Pre-Parsers (Jim Granville) (2000-09-08)
Re: Pre-Parsers (Randall Hyde) (2000-09-09)
Re: Pre-Parsers (2000-09-13)
Re: Pre-Parsers (2000-09-15)
Re: Pre-Parsers (2000-09-21)
Re: Pre-Parsers (Hans-Bernhard Broeker) (2000-10-08)
Re: Pre-Parsers (2000-10-10)
[2 later articles]
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Jim Granville <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Sep 2000 02:30:56 -0400

  I am looking into pre-parsers, esp those that also include
MACRO capability, with the usual define/ifdef/endif.
  Can anyone provide pointers to source code, for these, or
suggestions for good ones. There is not much web mention of
pre-parsers or pre-processors, I guess they are normally bundled
with some language.
TIA - Jim G.
[There's lots of implementations of the C preprocessor, as well as m4
on which it's loosely based. -John]