errata for the Dragon Book?

alnesbit@cs.mu.OZ.AU (Andrew Luke NESBIT)
8 Sep 2000 02:11:24 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
errata for the Dragon Book? alnesbit@cs.mu.OZ.AU (2000-09-08)
Re: errata for the Dragon Book? marc@oscar.noc.cv.net (2000-10-06)
Re: errata for the Dragon Book? max@max.mcs.gac.edu (Max Hailperin) (2000-10-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: alnesbit@cs.mu.OZ.AU (Andrew Luke NESBIT)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Sep 2000 02:11:24 -0400

Hi all, Does anybody know if there exists an errata list for "Compilers:
Principles, Techniques and Tools" by Aho, Sethi and Ullman? I've checked
everywhere so far on the web but cannot find one.

I think I may have found a typo. It's not really that important (I don't
want to be pedantic), but so many people rave about what a near-perfect
book this is, that I'm not sure whether _I've_ missed something, or
whether this really is a genuine mistake. I think you know what I mean :)

Anyway, here is the suspected typo from page 87, line 8, just under the
heading "Attributes for Tokens":

"When more than one pattern matches a lexeme, the lexical analyzer
must provide additional information about the particular lexeme
that matched to the subsequent phases of the compiler."

should read:

"When a pattern matches more than one lexeme..."

What do you think?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Nesbit