Looking for new language features

"William Rayer" <lingolanguage@hotmail.com>
27 Aug 2000 22:30:48 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for new language features lingolanguage@hotmail.com (William Rayer) (2000-08-27)
Re: Looking for new language features etoffi@bigfoot.com (2000-09-08)
Re: Looking for new language features joachim_d@gmx.de (Joachim Durchholz) (2000-09-08)
Re: Looking for new language features rhyde@cs.ucr.edu (Randall Hyde) (2000-09-09)
Re: Looking for new language features guerby@acm.org (Laurent Guerby) (2000-09-09)
Re: Looking for new language features mq@maq.org (2000-09-11)
Re: Looking for new language features rosing@peakfive.com (Matt Rosing) (2000-09-11)

From: "William Rayer" <lingolanguage@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Aug 2000 22:30:48 -0400

Dear Newsgroup

Does anyone know of any resources, web sites, documents etc which have
details of new language features? What I am looking for is a sort of
wish list of features that could be included in a new computer
language. It does not matter if the features are complex or high level
or hard to implement, I'm looking more for ideas than implementation
detail.

Many thanks
Bill Rayer
[I hope not. Most languages have too many features already. PL/I
tried to incorporate every known language feature in the 1960s, and
ended up so ugly that in reaction people designed deliberately small
languages like Pascal. Recently bloat has come back into vogue, viz.
C++. -John]