gcov functions

Sebastien RAIMBAULT <raimbaul@lirmm.fr>
27 Aug 2000 21:50:23 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
gcov functions raimbaul@lirmm.fr (Sebastien RAIMBAULT) (2000-08-27)
Re: gcov functions derek@knosof.co.uk (2000-09-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Sebastien RAIMBAULT <raimbaul@lirmm.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Aug 2000 21:50:23 -0400

Hi,

I would like to use the informations handled by -ftest-coverage and
-fprofile-arcs options of gcc for gcov, but at run time (without writing to
.da files). I can't find information about the functions used (with objdump,
I've seen __bb__exit and other __bb* functions).
What I need is to get the bb counts at some points in the program to compute
an evaluation of the current time (with a precomputed evaluation of each bb).

Could you please help me to get these informations ?

Best Regards,

Sebastien Raimbault

Sebastien Raimbault
Dept. Microelectronique