Re: C to pascal, just this once

derekNOSPAM@knosof.co.uk (Derek M Jones)
10 Aug 2000 00:01:54 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C to pascal, just this once gcowley@cableone.net (Gary Cowley) (2000-08-05)
Re: C to pascal, just this once derekNOSPAM@knosof.co.uk (2000-08-10)
Re: C to pascal, just this once snicol@apk.net (Scott Nicol) (2000-08-10)
Re: C to pascal, just this once franck.pissotte@online.fr (Franck Pissotte) (2000-08-10)
Re: C to pascal, just this once juliocr@home.com (Julio C. Rincon) (2000-08-13)
Re: C to pascal, just this once derek@knosof.co.uk (2000-08-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: derekNOSPAM@knosof.co.uk (Derek M Jones)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Aug 2000 00:01:54 -0400

Gary,

>I have a one-time requirement to convert some c-source to pascal.

This is the most common requirement.

>I have found an old 0.80B CtoPas compiler and knowledge software's
>CtoP 1.13. The first does not work at all and the CtoP is marginal at
>best with more skipped lines than processed ones.

Skipped? You have given it a path to find the system includes along?
You may also need to -Dsomething as well. Treat CtoP as a C compiler
whose output is Pascal.

There are many happy customers of CtoP who have not had lines skipped
(but then I would say that). Look at the CtoP error messages being
generated.

It would not cost you an arm and a leg to get the latest version. Just
an arm or a leg. But I think if you put some effort into it you will
find the 1.13 will solve most of your problems (unless you have lots of
includes, in which case the 640K limit of that version may be a show
stopper).

>I have done the DejaNews searches, etc etc but drawn a blank so far.

www.knosof.co.uk is registered on all the main search engines. CtoP
is even mentioned on our main page!