Compiler positions available for week ending July 16

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
18 Jul 2000 13:16:21 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending July 16 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2000-07-18)
Compiler positions available for week ending July 16 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2006-07-16)
Compiler positions available for week ending July 16 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1995-07-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 18 Jul 2000 13:16:21 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 18:09:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul Beusterien <paul.beusterien@windriver.com>
Subject: Wind River compiler positions

Wind River's Diab compiler is targetting the latest RISC and DSP
architectures while producing faster and smaller code than the rest of
the industry with state of the art optimizations.

The Diab compiler group is looking for motivated, creative people to
join its development team. As embedded devices are profligating
everywhere, fast, efficient, reliable compilers will provide an
important element in developing everything from cars to phones to
bowling alleys. You can play a key role by joining our small highly
skilled team in Foster City, California.

Wind River produces highly optimizing C++, C, and Java language
compiler suites for embedded systems developers. Our targets include
PowerPC, M*Core, ColdFire, 68K, MIPS, M32R, SH, Sparc, and others.

Lead C++ Compiler Engineer

We are looking for someone to take the lead on our C++ front end
development and maintenance. The position would also include projects
in new targets, more optimizations, new packages, and better IDE and
RTOS integration.

We require at least three years of industry compiler development
experience, including at least two years of front end work and a solid
grasp of the C++ standard. Plusses include Java, embedded systems,
and RISC assembly language knowledge. Major plusses include
optimization, code generation, and retargetting experience.

Compiler Code Generation Engineer

We are looking for someone with compiler internals development
experience who is interested in helping us broaden and
enhance our tools. We have upcoming projects in new targets, further
optimizations, new languages, new packages, and better IDE and RTOS
integration.

We require at a year of industry compiler development experience,
including a solid background in assembly languages. Plusses include
Java, embedded systems, and RISC assembly language knowledge. Major
plusses include optimization, code generation, and retargetting
experience.

Compiler Project Manager

We are looking for someone with compiler internals development
experience to help lead our team forward. For this position, we
would like a person to complement strong development skills with
requirements definition, sales and marketing interfacing, and
support interaction and prioritization.

We require at least five years of industry compiler development
experience, including a solid background in languages, optimization
and code generation. Plusses include embedded systems and a project
management background.

Compiler Infrastructure Engineer

This position will be responsible for developing compiler
infrastructure including instructions set simulators and libraries as
well as organizing the whole tools suite including compilers,
assemblers, and linkers into a seamless whole. We have upcoming
projects in new targets, internet integration, optimizations, new
languages, new packages, and better IDE and RTOS integration.

We require at a year of industry software development experience,
preferably with development tools including a solid background in
assembly languages. Plusses include Java, embedded systems, and RISC

Please send an ascii and/or Word copy of your resume to jobs@ddi.com

-------------------------------

From: Ginger Wolnik <gwolnik@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Experienced Compiler Developers Wanted at SGI

SGI is hiring! We have several openings for experienced compiler
developers in the frontend and backend for Fortran, C++ and Java.
Most of the source code for our compilers and related tools is written
in C or C++. The group is headquartered in Mountain View, California,
but you could work out of our satellite offices in Hudson, Mass. or
Eagan, Minnisota. Our newest line of compilers is open source, read
about them at http://oss.sgi.com/projects/Pro64/

SGI offers flexible hours and telecommute options for experienced
developers. Our facilities in Mtn. View are first rate, eg. real
offices for developers. The salary and benefits are very competitive
and include a 6 week paid sabbatical every 4 years in addition to the
normal vacation! Everything is negotiable, eg. salary, relocation or
hire-on bonuses, etc.

I'm a QA developer in the compiler group, not a professional
recruiter. I started here 2 months ago and SGI is a much better
company to work for than any of my previous employers in my 20 years
as a software engineer. The corporate culture and benefits are
outstanding! There is real respect for people and their privacy,
eg. no web censoring, drug testing, or hourly job charge tracking
(I won't mention publicly who my last employer was where such
policies were recently added). The work atmosphere at SGI is very
casual and relaxed. SGI is not a hectic startup, there is a strong
belief in balance of life and work.

If you are interested in applying, you can submit your resume through
the company website at http://www.sgi.com/ However, if you want to
make sure your resume gets directly to a compiler manager, send
it to me as text in an email message (no email attachments, please)
or reply privately if you want the FAX number. Let me know if you
want more information about our jobs, the company, or our corporate
culture.

Thank you,
Ginger Wolnik
Software Engineer
gwolnik@sgi.com

-------------------------------

From: "Cesar Quiroz" <Cesar.Quiroz@CoWare.com>
Subject: Compiler jobs at CoWare, Inc. / Santa Clara, CA
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:49:57 -0700

Compiler Positions with CoWare, Inc. / Santa Clara, CA

Hiring Manager: Dundar Dumlugol

CoWare, Inc. (http://www.CoWare.com), leader in the emerging System
Design tools industry, has compiler engineering positions available
at the R&D center in Santa Clara, CA.

The general requirement is fluency in C/C++ within the UNIX
environment. The experience required varies with the positions (see
below), but familiarity with software engineering tools like ClearCASE
will always come handy. We also appreciate experience with PC
development environments, and with other languages (like Java). The
successful candidates will influence the development of the tools
industry centered on SystemC (http://www.SystemC.org).

To apply, please contact "mailto:hr@CoWare.com".

Senior Engineers

The selected candidates will participate in the design and
implementation of compilers (and compiler-like tools) based on ANSI
C++. The positions offer a blend of research and hard-core
engineering in a largely unexplored area.

Experience with C++ compilation, source-to-source optimization, or
CASE tool development will be very apropos. Experience designing
object-oriented libraries is also important. Specific technologies of
interest: Template instantiation, program analysis, performance
improvement, class browsing. Experience maintaining GNU or EDG source
code is especially appreciated.

Candidates are expected to hold a Ph.D. degree with 3 years of
experience after that degree, or a M.S. degree with 7 years of
experience after that degree. Relevant professional experience will
be considered in lieu of any degrees.

Junior Engineers

These positions offer an excellent opportunity for strong UNIX/C/C++
programmers with some compiler technology background to extend their
careers in a fast-driven R&D environment. Typical tasks involve tool
development (for instance, intermediate language formatters,
demanglers, cross-referencers, etc. that depend on our core compiler
technology), product integration (building, installation, etc.), and
performance analysis/improvement.

Experience with development in C++ is a must. Command of some
scripting languages is also an important expectation. Experience
with PCs or with Java is desirable. The chosen candidates will be
expected to be familiar with the basic tools of the programming trade:
debuggers, profilers, etc. Minimal experience with compiler (or
compiler-like) tool development and maintenance (which can be
supplied by satisfactory course work) is expected as well.

Candidates are expected to hold a M.S. degree. Relevant

From: Lisa Martin <lisamar@microsoft.com>
Subject: Microsoft Compiler Opportunities - July
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:45:14 -0700

Software Design Engineer - Multiple Opportunities!
Microsoft has several opportunities for strong compiler engineers with an
expertise in high end optimizing compilers. Design and implement code
generation and optimizations strategies for state-of-the-art
microprocessors. Responsibilities include: code quality analysis,
benchmarking, algorithm design & implementation, integration and testing for
new phases in Microsoft's optimizing compiler backend. Heavy use of graph
theory, dataflow analysis, advanced data structures, and optimization
strategies/techniques to solve complex problems in code generation and
optimization. Qualifications: Must have experience developing a
commercially available compiler, a minimum of 3 years post academic
experience and exceptional C/C++ skills. Working knowledge of BASIC or Java
and one or more assembly languages is a plus. BA/BS or an MS degree in
Computer Science preferred.

Software Design Engineer
Microsoft has an opportunity for a Debugger Engineer to design and implement
debugging strategies for managed code running in the COM+ runtime.
Responsibilities include: implementing JIT debugging remote debugging
solutions, general development of debugger back-end (execution engines,
etc.), and working with other teams that use our debugger to ensure quality.
Qualifications: Must have strong knowledge of C/C++, experience developing a
commercially available debugger and a minimum of 2 years post academic
experience. Some experience with COM is a plus. BA/BS or an MS degree in

From: mike@etrtechcenter.com (ETR Technology Center/Mike Clemente)
Subject: Consultants needed - LI, NY
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:07:55 GMT

Long Island, NY company needs 2 consultants.
Experience building Compilers and C++ required.
Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) a plus.
Immediate need.

ETR Technology Center
180 Oser Ave Suite 0400
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Call, e-mail, or fax
Attention: Mike Clemente

Ph (631)952-1300
FAX (631)952-1248
E-mail: mike@etrtechcenter.com
Web: http://www.etrtechcenter.com

-------------------------------

From: George Angelos Papadopoulos <george@cs.ucy.ac.cy>
Subject: *** Faculty Positions: University of Cyprus ***

*** ANNOUNCEMENT OF ACADEMIC POSITIONS ***

The University of Cyprus announces the following non permanent posts
(Assistant Professor or Lecturer):

   DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE

2 non permanent posts in the following fields of study:

* Computer Networks * Database Systems
* Programming Languages * Software Engineering

2 non permanent posts in the following fields of study:

* Data Mining * Electronic Commerce
* Intelligent Systems for the Internet * Internet Technologies
* Mobile Computing * Multimedia Systems

For all academic ranks, a Ph.D. from a recognized University is
required.

PLEASE NOTE: The languages of instruction are Greek and Turkish.

Applicants need not be citizens of the Republic of Cyprus.

The annual salaries for these positions (including the 13th salary)
are:

Assistant Professor (Scale A13-A14) CY21,485 - CY28,981
Lecturer (Scale A12-A13) CY18,145 - CY26,575

(At present 1 CY = 1.002 sterling and 1 CY = 1.6631 dollars)

Interested individuals must submit the following items by Friday 29th
of September 2000:

I A letter stating the department, the academic rank or ranks for
            which the applicant is interested in, the field or fields of
            study and the date when he/she may be able to assume duties in
            the event of selection.

II A Curriculum Vitae (6 copies).

III A brief summary (not exceeding three pages) of their research
            work as well as a description of plans for future research
            (6 copies).

IV A list of publications (6 copies).

V Copies of representative publications (6 copies if possible).

VI Copies of their qualifications.

In addition, the applicants must request three academic referees to
send letters of recommendation directly to the University; the names
and addresses of these referees must be submitted with the
application. Additional confidential information may be sought.

The Curriculum Vitae and the brief summary of the research work should
be written in Greek or Turkish and in one international language,
preferably English.

Applications, other documents and reference letters submitted in the
past will NOT be considered and must be re-submitted.

Applications that are not complete will not be considered.

The above must reach the University by 2 pm Friday 29th of September
2000 at the following address:

The Registrar
University of Cyprus
P O Box 20537
CY-1678 Nicosia
CYPRUS

Tel: 02-892000
Fax: 02-892100

For more details and other information interested individuals may
contact the Head of the Department of Computer Science, Associate
Professor Antonis Kakas:

Tel: +357-2-892231
Fax: +357-2-339062
E-mail: antonis@cs.ucy.ac.cy

-------------------------------

From: Andrew Richards <a.richards@codeplay.com>
Subject: CodePlay compiler positions (London, England)

CodePlay produces VectorC, a vectorizing C compiler for PCs aimed at
games, graphics and multimedia developers. We wish to continue
development of this product to include C++ and new optimizations and
code generators to fully support the latest consumer hardware -
especially games consoles.

CodePlay is a new, small company. We are looking for programmers keen to
work in a small, rapidly growing company on new technology. This is an
opportunity to work with the latest consumer hardware and be an
important part of the computer games / electronic entertainment
industry.

You will need to have experience / qualifications in one or more of the
following:-
          C++ compiler translation
          Advanced compiler optimization techniques
          Development of fast graphics algorithms and code

Our web site: http://www.codeplay.com

CodePlay is based in London, England.

Contact: Andrew Richards
a.richards@codeplay.com