SQL parsing

30 Jun 2000 01:02:49 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SQL parsing makotosu@my-deja.com (2000-06-30)
SQL Parsing isterin@hotmail.com (2001-09-30)
Re: SQL Parsing spinoza1111@yahoo.com (2001-10-06)
Re: SQL Parsing GOLDParser@DevinCook.com (2001-10-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: makotosu@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Jun 2000 01:02:49 -0400

I'm currently planning to develop a SQL parser. I was originally
considering using the lex/yacc combo, but I noticed there are a lot of
other alternative lexical analyzers and parser generators
(www.combo.org lists a few)-- accent, antlr, etc. Should I stick with
lex and yacc, or is there something better out there for my purposes?

I need something that will output to C/C++ (preferably C, it has to be
as portable as possible) and the no restrictions for commerical use.

Any advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Norman Su
[There's a free yacc SQL parser I wrote in the archives. See the
comp.compilers FAQ. -John]