|New Harbour Release firstname.lastname@example.org (Patrick Mast) (2000-06-03)|
|From:||"Patrick Mast" <email@example.com>|
|Date:||3 Jun 2000 17:37:39 -0400|
Please find a new Harbour release at http://www.Harbour-Project.org
The Harbour Project is a Free Software effort to build a cross platform
Clipper language (32-bit) compiler.
We have also set up a mailing list for Harbour Users. For detalis see the
Harbour Web Site.
Harbour Build #34
- OO engine enhanced (multiple inheritance, scoping, forwarding and
- Linux/Unix ncurses screen output and xterm mouse input support
- MEMOEDIT support started
- CONTRIBs better separated from core Harbour (TOOLS moved there)
- Simplified and enhanced base for multiplatform coding
- Language API (link/compile time language modul selection)
- Several small optimizations, enhancements and fixes (compiler, macro,
inkey, make and build systems, more strict compiler warnings)
- Compiler pcode size optimizations (new compact pcode versions added and
- Far jump pcode support
- Double number size support in pcode
- Pcode finalized in the compiler, instead of the output generation
- OS/2 support improved (DISKSPACE(), MEMORY(), locks, etc...)
- Linux/Unix support for file locks and commit.
- DBFCDX index creation support (started)
- Strong Typing support
- OBJ generation support for BCC5x + Blinker5
- Several new CONTRIBs (Nanfor LIB, ZLIB, MSQL, CA-Tools LIB, GT LIB)
- Clipper 5.3 compatible MENUITEM, POPUP, TOPBAR classes
- HBDOC further enhanced
- RSX32 and RSXNT compiler support
- SETKEY functions, ASORT(), SAVESCREEN/RESTSCREEN rewritten in C
- Extensions (XPP, C53, Harbour) are easier to switch of and better
- Some fixes for 10 chars support.
- New most compact and fast -gc0 (C language) output method added.
- -gf switch renamed to -go
- Compiler /BUILD switch added
- Crew list added to /CREDIT compiler switch
- CURDIR(), CURDRIVE() fixed
- Updated national language modules
- More documented functions
- Documented all db* related functions
- New Item and Extend API functions
- New tests
- HBTEST made compatible with Xbase++
- DBU sources can be compiled with Harbour without changes
- Added more ADS RDD functions
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.