Book Recommendation: C++ implemented compiler

Brian <noahanime@my-deja.com>
27 Apr 2000 10:51:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Book Recommendation: C++ implemented compiler noahanime@my-deja.com (Brian) (2000-04-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Brian <noahanime@my-deja.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Apr 2000 10:51:59 -0400

Hi -

I'm an undergrad student with an introductory compiler design class
completed. The class used C to implement a subset Algol -> mips asm
compiler. Pretty typical stuff, nothing fancy. I'd like to move a
little further.

Do you have any suggestions for books, (simple!) open source
compilers, or other project recommendations that can step up my
understanding? What I'd really like to look at is OOP compiler
constructs for the target language. I'd also like to look at writing
the compiler in an OO language (most likely C++).

Thanks,
Brian