Help on Untrusted Code?

sa043@aol.com (SA043)
14 Apr 2000 23:42:16 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help on Untrusted Code? sa043@aol.com (2000-04-14)
Re: Help on Untrusted Code? whitten@netcom.com (2000-04-25)
Re: Help on Untrusted Code? s337240@student.uq.edu.au (Trent Waddington) (2000-04-26)
Re: Help on Untrusted Code? gneuner@dyn.com (2000-05-01)
Re: Help on Untrusted Code? dimock@deas.harvard.edu (Allyn Dimock) (2000-05-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: sa043@aol.com (SA043)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Apr 2000 23:42:16 -0400

I would be very grateful if someone could help me or point me into
the right direction I've been told to do some research on Untrusted
Code assuming that compilers from major vendors can be trusted and
will not provide any security holes through which the unscrupulos can
attack our system. I would be very gratful if any one could help

SA043@aol.com
[On most systems, the only trusted code is in the kernel and a few
priviledged applications, with the rest kept at bay by hardware
protection. As I recall, the Burroughs/Unisys stack machines depend
on compilers to generate signed valid code. And I suppose Java compilers
do the static analysis on bytecodes and then generate trustworthy native
code. -John]