Mathematica parsers

"Brian Smith" <>
11 Apr 2000 14:27:40 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Mathematica parsers (Brian Smith) (2000-04-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Brian Smith" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Apr 2000 14:27:40 -0400

1. I'm interested in writing a parser for Mathematica algebraic expressions
(using ANTLR) in FullForm, StandardForm, InputForm, OutputForm. I am seeking
information about prior attempts to create Mathematica parsers in any
language, although it is difficult for me to read lisp (which is what
MockMMA) is written in.

2. I have heard that the Mathematica language does not have a context-free
grammar. I am specifically looking for information about this. Does anybody
know what part(s) of its language is context-sensitive, if any?

Brian Smith