Re: Parser Generator Recommendation (Tom Reid)
3 Apr 2000 11:21:20 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Parser Generator Recommendation (Alon Flaisher) (2000-04-01)
Re: Parser Generator Recommendation (2000-04-03)
Re: Parser Generator Recommendation (Joachim Durchholz) (2000-04-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Tom Reid)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Apr 2000 11:21:20 -0400
>I'm developing a new parser and am looking for the right
>parser-generator. The parser-generator's output should be in C++. I
>have no experience with parser-generators.
>Which parser-generator is recommended? Why?
>(ANTLR 2.7.0, PCCTS 1.3.3, btyacc, Visual Parse++, ...)

I suggest you try COCO/R. See Pat Terry's web site for details: . I have used it several
times and it is a real comfortable, straight-foreward EBNF recursive
descent attributed grammar system originally coming from Niklaus
Wirth's shop. COCO/R comes with complete source and is implemented
and produces a number of languages including C++.

While you are there, Pat has his complete compiler book ready to
download on his site. It is excellent.