Re: C -> C Compiler

"Ira D. Baxter" <idbaxter@semdesigns.com>
6 Mar 2000 23:40:07 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C -> C Compiler djm@jb.man.ac.uk (Dominic Morris) (2000-03-06)
Re: C -> C Compiler idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira D. Baxter) (2000-03-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Ira D. Baxter" <idbaxter@semdesigns.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Mar 2000 23:40:07 -0500

The DMS Reengineering Toolkit
(http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html) can be used
for this purpose. You can write many transforms directly in the
surface syntax of "C", that are applied to a parse tree; the result is
prettyprinted. For a very simple example, to fold nested if
statements together, you can write a rule (untested) as follows:

default base domain Cpp. // says we are working in the C++ domain

rule fold_nested_if(c1:condition,c2:condition,s:statement)
selection_statement -> selection_statement
        = "if (\c1) if{\c2) \s;" rewrites to "if (\c1 && \c2) \s;"

--
Ira Baxter, Ph.D., CTO idbaxter@semdesigns.com 512-250-1018x140
Semantic Designs, Inc., www.semdesigns.com FAX 512-250-1191