Re: Pascal grammar (Frank Heckenbach)
6 Mar 2000 01:12:04 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Pascal grammar (2000-02-27)
Re: Pascal grammar (Robert Zierer) (2000-03-06)
Re: Pascal grammar (2000-03-06)
pascal grammar (chaki) (2003-05-24)
Pascal grammar (1993-04-20)
Re: Pascal grammar corbett@lupa.Eng.Sun.COM (1993-04-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Frank Heckenbach)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Mar 2000 01:12:04 -0500
> I am looking for pascal lex and yacc files (not grammar, only .lex &
> yacc files). ...
> I suggest you this answer : "Reference Guide for Free Pascal". It
> could be found in pdf format on
> [It really is a free Pascal with source, must be a parser in there somewhere.
> -John]

AFAIK, Free Pascal uses a hand-written RD parser.

GNU Pascal <>, the Pascal front-end
to GCC, has a bison parser, but a hand-written lexer. Since it
supports several dialects, the parser is more complicated than a
pure standard Pascal or Borland Pascal only parser would be.

Frank Heckenbach, frank@[NOSPAM.REMOVE.THIS],