Java executable formal semantics
22 Feb 2000 00:03:49 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Java executable formal semantics (2000-02-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Feb 2000 00:03:49 -0500

Dear news-group members,

I am a French PhD student currently working on
Java formal semantics and I am particularly
interested in Java concurrency and multithreading.

I have written an executable formal semantics of a large subset of Java.
This semantics is now available (in html) at the url :

As this semantics is executable, I have developped an execution
environment for Java which provides both textual and graphical views
of the objects. All these views are updated incrementally.

I would be pleased to get some feedback and
comments about this work.

          Marjorie Russo