Re: CIF (CalTech Interchange Format) ? (Mumit Khan)
9 Jan 2000 22:53:28 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
CIF (CalTech Interchange Format) ? (Billy N. Patton) (2000-01-06)
Re: CIF (CalTech Interchange Format) ? (2000-01-09)
Re: CIF (CalTech Interchange Format) ? (2000-01-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Mumit Khan)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Jan 2000 22:53:28 -0500

Billy N. Patton <> wrote:
>I am in need for some documentation/BNF/some kind of description
>of this format.

FYI comp.lsi.cad is a much better place for this type of query.

I wrote my CIF parser based Steven Rubin's now out-of-print CAD book.
It's at work, so can't get at the title until Monday.

If you're willing to look at code, there're a few choices:

1. Electric CAD written by Rubin et al and distributed under GNU Public
      License (GPL). See

2. XRLCAD written by yours truly, released under a BSD style license, so
      it's free for all. I don't remember if I handle any of the usual
      vendor extensions. See

      The version there is quite old, but should be usable. It was written
      well before the C++ standard came out, so you might need to make some
      changes (eg., the scope of variables declared in for statement and
      so on).