Re: Need regexp source (Arnold D. Robbins)
6 Jan 2000 16:43:07 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need regexp source (2000-01-02)
Re: Need regexp source (2000-01-06)
Re: Need regexp source (Jos A. Horsmeier) (2000-01-06)
Re: Need regexp source (2000-01-09)
Re: Need regexp source (Yves Roumazeilles) (2000-01-09)
Re: Need regexp source (Markus Mottl) (2000-01-09)
Re: Need regexp source (Joe English) (2000-01-09)
Re: Need regexp source (2000-01-15)
[2 later articles]
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Arnold D. Robbins)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c
Date: 6 Jan 2000 16:43:07 -0500

<> wrote:
|I am looking for a C source code for regexp which uses a iterative
|routine for pattern matching instead of a recursive routine. If you
|know the location or have the source code, please let me know.

|[There's always lex, I suppose. Is there a reasonable way to do interative
|regex matching without all of the work of building a DFA first? -John]

It's been a long time since I looked at the code, but the original
"Software Tools", by Kernighan and Plauger had a regex library written
in ratfor, that did not use recursion. Ratfor is close enough to C to
make translation straightforward. The book is still in print,
although you'll probably have to order it instead of finding it in a
book store..
Arnold Robbins -- guest account at Emory Math/CS